District Energy+Water Academy
An executive level, team-oriented intensive to accelerate urban energy and water solutions at the district scale
November 2-4, 2016 • Vancouver, BC
PRESENTED IN PARTNERSHIP WITH:
Throughout North America, cities, college-, corporate- and university campuses, sports stadiums and commercial districts have the potential to realize enormous benefits through utility-scale energy and water innovation — improved energy efficiency, fuel flexibility, enhanced environmental protection, ease of operation and maintenance and decreased building capital costs. As interest in this area has rapidly accelerated, so has the demand for shared knowledge and practical expertise to get projects off the ground.
The 2016 three-day intensive unpacked the biggest opportunities in utility-scale energy and water development, and arm your team with practical, proven models for successful feasibility, financing, policy integration and marketability to effectively move beyond the building. We put our diverse sector of attendees in front of compelling case studies, expert-led skill sessions and world-class project tours to expand perspectives and arm them with a roadmap to accelerate project success.
The jam-packed Academy gave attendees the chance to learn how to overcome some of the most common barriers to effective implementation including:
- Building cooperation between developers and municipalities
- Financing models to weigh up front capital costs
- Building a compelling business case that attracts key stakeholders
- Creative design and ownership models that keep the right players at the table
- Rethinking "long-term" planning beyond the 5-year horizon
DEWA brought together executive-level project teams and decision-makers representing:
• City government • Infrastructure development • Real estate development • Community development • Higher education campus design • Corporate campus design • Healthcare campus design • Pro sports stadium design • Commercial district development
While the Academy provides an exceptional, intensive learning and networking experience for all attendees, we've designed the program to be especially beneficial to diverse project teams and strongly encourage you to attend in partnership with at least two other project team members.